General Management Group’s Research Support Plan (FY 2018)
- We hold one or two Management Board Meeting(s) a year.
- We examine to solve the problems identified in the first year.
- We moderate each platforms and support institutions
- We examine to construct a common database such as the formats.
- We moderate the framework of charging, intellectual property, and contract. (Standard setting committee, once or twice a year)
- We have coordinators to gather information of the actual conditions of the support activities. Based on the information, we advise and examine the challenges in consideration of the regional characteristics.
- We plan to expand the public relations by organizing public lectures, and to increase the number of users.
- We ensure the usability of users at one-stop service system.
- We study our support method across institutions, and streamline the systems.
- We ensure the sustainability and development of the support systems.
- We hold two cooperation building activities to bridge the four platforms a year.
- Our coordinators facilitate the cooperation between regions, institutions, platforms, and increase the number of support activities and users.
- We hold an annual Briefing and Symposium, to inform our content of support and outcome to the public.
- We hold beneficial meetings such as Briefing, Outcome Presentation, and discussions. We also continue to conduct a survey (questionnaires) to substantially contribute to the overall research supported by KAKENHI (Grant-in-aid for Scientific Research, MEXT) , for the cutting-edge research, in addition to a wide variety of research support needs.
- We co-host symposiums on the common theme across the platforms to strengthen its substantial cooperation.
- We plan to increase the number of participants at the symposiums and seminars for the general public based on cost-benefit analysis. We continue to raise the people’s awareness of understanding the research activity and research support content to be supported by, and to contribute to the Japanese people.
General Management Group
|Member||Name||Affiliated platform(s), organization and title:|
|Principle Investigator||Kohzoh Imai||Platform of Supporting Cohort Study and Biospecimen Analysis
Advanced Animal Model Support
Office of Support for Platforms for Advanced Technologies and Research Resources, the Institute of Medical Science, the University of Tokyo
|Co-investigator||Yuji Kohara||Principle Investigator of Platform for Advanced Genome Science
Genome Biology Laboratory, National Institute of Genetics
|Co-investigator||Masanobu Kano||Principle Investigator of Advanced Bioimaging Support
Center for Multidisciplinary Brain Research, National Institute for Physiological Sciences
|Co-investigator||Kenji Wakai||Co-investigator of Platform of Supporting Cohort Study and Biospecimen Analysis
School of Medicine, Nagoya University
|Co-investigator||Yoshinori Murakami||Co-investigator of Platform of Supporting Cohort Study and Biospecimen Analysis
Dean of the Institute of Medical Science, the University of Tokyo
|Co-investigator||Shigeo Murayama||Co-investigator of Platform of Supporting Cohort Study and Biospecimen Analysis
Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology
|Co-investigator||Keiji Imoto||The head of the research support institution of Advanced Bioimaging Support
Director-General of National Institute for Physiological Sciences
|Co-investigator||Masayuki Yamamoto||The head of the research support institution of Advanced Bioimaging Support
Director General of National Institute for Basic Biology
|Co-investigator||Naoto Ueno||Co-investigator of Advanced Bioimaging Support
Division of Morphogenesis, National Institute for Basic Biology
|Co-investigator||Junichi Nabekura||Co-investigator of Advanced Bioimaging Support
Division of Homeostatic Development, National Institute for Physiological Sciences
|Co-investigator||Jun-ichiro Inoue||Co-investigator of Advanced Animal Model Support
The Institute of Medical Science, The University Of Tokyo
|Co-investigator||Takuro Nakamura||Co-investigator of Advanced Animal Model Support
The Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research
|Co-investigator||Masahiko Takada||Co-investigator of Advanced Animal Model Support
Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University
|Research Partner||Isao Katsura||Platform for Advanced Genome Science
Director of the National Institute of Genetics
|Research Partner||Ken Kurokawa||Co-investigator of Platform for Advanced Genome Science
Center for Information Biology, National Institute of Genetics
|Research Partner||Sumio Sugano||Support Partner of Platform for Advanced Genome Science
Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University